- RSS Channel Showcase 6695527
- RSS Channel Showcase 3958271
- RSS Channel Showcase 5734632
- RSS Channel Showcase 3172889
Articles on this Page
- 09/15/10--19:05: _Belgian Dredger Arr...
- 11/10/11--08:56: _President Barzani m...
- 01/04/12--12:58: _Belgian Credit Agen...
- 02/21/12--19:13: _Belgian-British Fir...
- 06/09/15--08:03: _KRG FM Receives Bel...
- 06/23/15--04:41: _Belgium to Open Erb...
- 09/06/16--03:45: _Ideal Payments Laun...
- 08/05/17--23:53: _Mobile Tech helps t...
- 09/14/18--20:52: _New Satellite Broad...
- 09/15/10--19:05: Belgian Dredger Arrives at Umm Qasr
- 11/10/11--08:56: President Barzani meets Belgian and EU Officials
- 01/04/12--12:58: Belgian Credit Agency Warns on Iraq’s Instability
- 02/21/12--19:13: Belgian-British Firm to Build Govt Compound in Wasit
- 06/09/15--08:03: KRG FM Receives Belgian Deputy PM
- 06/23/15--04:41: Belgium to Open Erbil Consulate
- 09/06/16--03:45: Ideal Payments Launches Mobile App in Iraq
- 08/05/17--23:53: Mobile Tech helps to Transfer Cash to Rural Families
- 09/14/18--20:52: New Satellite Broadband Service for Iraq
A Belgian dredger has arrived at Umm Qasr on Wednesday to work on increasing the depth of the shipping channel. The vessel is the 18,620 tonne trailing suction hopper dredger, the ‘Francis Beaufort’. It is 142m in length, and has a maximum dredging depth of 71.5m. The report from AKnews says the project was facilitated […]
President Masoud Barzani this week in Brussels met Belgium’s Foreign Minister Steven Vanackere. He also met European Union officials to discuss expanding relations with its member states. President Barzani encouraged Foreign Minister Vanackere to move Belgium’s Embassy from Amman to Baghdad and to consider opening a consulate in Erbil. Mr Vanackere commended the political and […]
ONDD, the Belgian export credit agency, has warned in its monthly report that “insecurity, instability and sectarian tensions will continue to prevail in Iraq”. The text of their statement is shown below: Iraq: Deteriorating security and political climate as US troops leave the country > Event: The last US troops left Iraq after President Obama‘s […]
A Belgian-British company has reportedly won a contract from the Ministry of Construction and Housing to build a housing complex for its members in Wasit [Wassit] province. The company, which has not been named, has conducted field investigations for the project, which will include 240 housing units within a number of six-story residential buildings, according […]
In the meeting between Minister Falah Mustafa, Head of the KRG Foreign Relations, and Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs of Belgium Didier Reynders, military as well as humanitarian aid for the Kurdistan Region were at top of the list of priorities discussed. Minister Mustafa welcomed Minister Reynders in his first visit to […]
By Simon Kent. Belgium has announced plans to open a consulate in Erbil, capital of the semi autonomous Kurdish region in Iraq. In a sign of deepening ties between the KRG and Belgium, the central EU nation also announced they would provide hospital treatment for injured Peshmerga soldiers. The Peshmerga are the armed forces of […]
Banking Technology reports that Ideal Payments has teamed with Taif Money Transfer to launch Iraq’s “first” mobile payments app – Taif eWallet. The platform aims to create a “holistic payments ecosystem” used by multiple agents in the economy including retail merchants, ecommerce platforms, private companies, and government institutions. Ideal Payments’ local partner, Taif Money Transfer, […]
Many vulnerable rural families in Iraq can now benefit from a safer, more secure means of receiving income thanks to mobile money transfer technology adopted for the first time by the UN’s Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) as part of a cash-for-work programme aimed at rehabilitating agricultural infrastructure and land. The programme, which is funded […]
A new low-cost satellite broadband service will be launched across Iraq and Afghanistan as Belgium’s SatADSL, a provider of professional VSAT services via satellite, and UK-based Talia agreed to expand their long-term partnership. The two companies’ current agreement lets SatADSL link directly to Talia’s teleport to provide services across the whole of Africa, with Talia’s […]